Reporting to the Manager, Communications & Public Relations, the Communications Specialist will support the execution of the SRNA’s marketing and communications strategy.
RNs and RN(NP)s are leaders in contributing to a healthy population.
Driven by values that focus on the protection of the people of Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association (SRNA) is the profession‐led regulatory body and association for the province’s 11,000 registered nurses and nurse practitioners. For more than 100 years, the SRNA has set high standards for nursing education, practice and registration. To contribute to this tradition and advance quality, competent nursing care in Saskatchewan, the Association is seeking to hire a new full‐time permanent position.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Create and maintain company communications vehicles and other forms of communication.
- Support the SRNA’s social media presence across a variety of platforms and coordinates relevant content
- Contribute to the SRNA’s website, including writing, editing, updating and publishing content
- Create marketing and promotional materials, both print and electronic.
- Create, copyedit, proofread, and revise communications, both internal and external. Including liaising with individuals or internal department teams to develop and write content for all channels (print, web, social media, etc)
- Research and monitor media coverage and industry trends.
- Prepare briefing materials.
- Create media advisories and releases
- Maintain media contact lists
- Development of content plans and strategies, using metrics and user feedback to target areas of new development and refine existing content
- Actively seek out opportunities for education and awareness initiatives in the community, and opportunities for positive media coverage
- Contribute to the overall functioning of the team by maintaining awareness of best practices / emerging issues, both internally and externally, sharing best practices and building effective working relationships across the team and other stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to positively interact with members and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in both verbal and written context with clarity and conciseness.
- Committed to working as a team player and encouraging the efforts of others.
- Superior communication skills – written, verbal and presentation.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft office suite, CRM; photo and video‐editing software is an asset.
- Knowledgeable in publishing with print and web‐media
- Solid understanding of project management principles.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or equivalent
- Minimum of three years relevant experience with a working knowledge of current professional communication and marketing techniques
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Experience in social media marketing
- Demonstrated expertise in written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current technologies, digital content creation and social media platforms
- Experience in web design and content production is an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to apply. The position is in Regina. For confidential enquiries or to express interest in this position, please send your resume by February 27, 2018.
The SRNA thanks everyone for their interest. Only those invited to interview will receive a response.
Cheryl Weselak, Coordinator, Human Resources & Events Management
Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association,
2066 Retallack Street, Regina, Saskatchewan S4T 7X5