Reporting a Complaint

If you have arrived at this page, you may have questions about how to file a complaint with the CRNS about a Member, or you are looking for more information about our investigation process. If you want to file a complaint, there are 2 questions you need to answer before you can start.

Is the nurse you have a complaint about a Registered Nurse?

Before proceeding, it is important to determine if the nurse is a RN, GN, RN(AAP), NP or a GNP. While there are many different types of nurses in Saskatchewan, the CRNS is the regulatory body only for CRNS Members.

Use the Nurse License Check to find out if the nurse you are concerned about is an CRNS Member. If the nurse is not a CRNS Member, you will need to contact either RPNAS  who regulates RPNs or SALPN who regulates LPNs.

If you were able to verify that the nurse you are concerned about is an CRNS Member then you can take the next step.  If you are unsure because you do not know the nurse’s name, please contact the organization who employs the nurse or the Client Representative / Patient Advocate / Quality of Care Coordinator for the local area.

Have you tried to resolve your complaint already?

You can report your concerns directly to the nurse, the manager and/or employer to address your concerns, ask questions and obtain the information you are looking for. You can contact your local Client Representative / Patient Advocate / Quality of Care Co-Coordinator.

Heath care concerns can be resolved at the local level without being reported to the CRNS, by using one of the mechanisms above.  We find that concerns the public have about competence, conduct or health concerns are resolved by working directly with the nurse and employer.  If you have tried this or don’t feel it is right for you, contact the CRNS RN Investigator for more information. 

How to Report a Complaint

If you have found out that the nurse is a Member and you have a specific concern(s) about that individual Member and you have not been able to resolve your concerns with the nurse or employer, you can report your complaint to an CRNS RN Investigator.

We take all complaints received seriously and follow a fair and just process.  Once we’ve received your complaint, an CRNS RN Investigator will contact you to review the complaint and discuss the next steps including the investigation process.

It is important to include the following information in your formal written complaint:

  • Your name and contact information;
  • Full name of the Member;
  • Name / Location where concern happened;
  • Date and time of the incident(s);
  • A detailed outline of what your complaint is, what happened and why you are concerned about the Member’s competence and/or conduct with you.

Detailed Guideline for Submitting a Report

You can Submit Your Information Via an Online Form, Email, or Mail

Online Form

Email: attention of the CRNS RN Investigator  at

Mail: marked ‘Personal and Confidential’: Attn:  CRNS RN Investigator, College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan, 1-3710 Eastgate Dr, Regina, SK S4Z 1A5

Who to contact if you have questions about a complaint:

CRNS RN Investigator

1-800-667-9945 ext 240 or 306-359-4240 (Regina)

Investigative Process

Once a written complaint about a Member is received and it has been reviewed, the person submitting the complaint (complainant) will be contacted, and an investigation may be started.

Scroll to top