Celebrating Our Bright Future at the SRNA Annual Awards of Excellence Banquet
What better way to look forward into the future than to recognize the individuals whose efforts and achievements guarantee to brighten it? Attendees from across Saskatchewan at this year’s Awards of Excellence Banquet did just that.
On May 2, 2018 we celebrated seven exceptional individuals who have contributed to improving and advancing the health of people in Saskatchewan and positively impacted the registered nursing profession. The 2018 Awards of Excellence recipients are:
- Effie Feeney Award for Excellence in Nursing Research: Dr. Jill Bally, RN PhD
- Elizabeth Van Valkenburg Award for Excellence in Nursing Education: Dr. Elizabeth Domm, RN PhD
- Granger Campbell Award for Excellence in Clinical Practice: Medical Surveillance Unit Marlee Cossette, RN Manager
- Jean Browne Award for Excellence in Nursing Practice Leadership: Leslie Worth, RN
- Nora Armstrong Award in Mentorship: Dr. Shelley Peacock, RN PhD
- Ruth Hicks Award for Student Leadership: Meghan Bend
- SRNA Life Membership: Joanne Gartner
SRNA Awards of Excellence winners are chosen by the SRNA Awards Committee from the nominations they receive. A sense of honour in nominating and being nominated by registered nursing peers was a theme echoed by both the winners and the nominating parties during the ceremony.
For 2019, there will be a new Award of Excellence added to be given to an SRNA member or group of members moving reconciliation forward in Saskatchewan. Profiles on this year’s winners will be featured in the upcoming print edition of the SRNA News Bulletin.