Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition
This section is for you if you want to demonstrate you possess the required competencies to licence as an RN with Additional Authorized Practice.
SRNA Requirements to be Eligible for the PLAR Process
- Currently licensed in good standing as a registered nurse in Saskatchewan
- Practised a minimum of 600 direct primary care clinical practice hours (employer verified) in a Northern setting within the last 5 years
- Provide a reference attesting to the RN’s safe, competent practice in the primary care role from a Northern employer who is familiar with the RN’s practice to the satisfaction of the Registrar;
- Provide evidence that TMF has been signed off within the last 2 years
- Candidates must demonstrate what they have learned from experience and the learning must be verifiable which may include onsite verification of documentation according to the 47 Clinical Decision Tools (CDTs), identified in the Prior Learning Assessment Package (pages 21-25) in the list of CDTS.
- Complete the PLAR Application for Assessment;
- Consent Form to Obtain Employment Reference Information for RN with Additional Authorized Practice;
- Consent Form to Obtain TMF Sign-Off for RN with Additional Authorized Practice;
- SRNA RN Hourly Audit for PLAR consent form and;
- Submit your Payment of $787.50 via the Credit Card Payment Form or send in cheque/money order
- Additional information may be requested to determine eligibility.
Once eligibility is determined
- Complete the PLAR Process Package
Examples for Reference When Completing Your Package
Submit documents to the SRNA via:
Mail: RNs Leading Change Attention: Anita Nivala Saskatchewan Registered Nurses’ Association 2066 Retallack Street Regina, SK S4T 7X5