Canadian RNs

This section is for you if you’re an RN who’s been educated in Canada or an internationally educated nurse who is currently licensed in another Canadian province or territory.

Requirements for Licensure

  1. If English is not your primary language, an acceptable English language test is required.
  2. Successfully complete an approved nursing education program in Canada
  3. Proof of initial registration by examination in the jurisdiction where an approved nursing course was taken and official proof of most recent registration if different from initial registration
  4. Reference from most recent nurse manager or supervisor who is familiar with your RN practice
  5. Proof of legal name (original or certified copy of birth certificate, government issued photo ID and marriage certificate, if applicable)
  6. In the past 5 years, you must have worked at least 1125 hours of nursing practice; or graduated from an approved nursing education program; or completed an approved nursing re-entry program
  7. Current Vulnerable Sector Check
  8. Submit your application for licensure along with applicable fees

Application for Licensure Process

Regulations and entry requirements are subject to bylaw and policy changes.

If you have questions, contact

Scroll to top