International Educated & Licenced RN
Requirements for Licensure
- Receive an advisory report from the National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS)
- If English is not your primary language, an acceptable English language test is required.
Important: As the Public Health Agency of Canada is currently advising organizations to take steps to mitigate risks associated with COVID-1, Touchstone Institute has decided to cancel upcoming Canadian English Language Benchmark Assessment for Nurses (CELBAN) tests.
All CELBAN tests across Canada between now and the end of May will be cancelled. Touchstone Institute will be working with test sites, examiners and examinees to re-schedule tests once we have further information. We realize the impact that this may have on IEN registrants and trust that we can collaborate to ensure you are able to meet their requirements in due time.
As of March 25, 2020:
Touchstone Institute has cancelled all upcoming CELBAN tests through July 31, 2020. They are monitoring the impact of COVID-19 closely and will continue to keep all nursing regulators, including the SRNA, updated on the situation.
Touchstone Institute will be working with test sites, examiners and examinees to re-schedule tests once there is further information. All tests written up to March 8, 2020, can expect to receive results from CELBAN tests and infrequently on an ongoing basis, as Touchstone Institute continues to process additional transcript and rescore requests.
- Successfully complete a nursing education program
- Proof of initial registration from the country where you completed your basic nursing education and official proof of most recent registration if it’s different from your initial registration.
- Reference from most recent nurse manager or supervisor who is familiar with your RN practice.
- Proof of legal name (original or certified copy of birth certificate, government issued photo ID and marriage certificate, if applicable)
- In the past 5 years, you must have worked at least 1125 hours of nursing practice; or graduated from an approved nursing education program; or completed an approved nursing re-entry program
- Submit your application for licensure along with applicable fees
Application for Licensure Process
- Complete the NNAS Assessment and receive an advisory report from National Nursing Assessment Service (NNAS)
- Complete the Online Assessment for RN Eligibility with the SRNA.
- Upload a copy of your birth certificate and government issued photo ID (and marriage certificate, if applicable).
- Complete Verification of Original Registration/Licensure Form from the country you obtained your basic nursing education.
- Complete the Verification of Current or Most Recent Registration/Licensure Form and send it to the registration body of the province or country where you’ve most recently registered as a RN.
- Complete the Consent Form to Obtain Employment Verification Information and send the required document by email as an attachment to email@example.com.
- Once your Assessment for RN Eligibility has been reviewed by a Nursing Advisor you will be contacted with next steps to continue the process.
Regulations and entry requirements are subject to bylaw and policy changes.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org