Applying for the Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam(CNPE)
NP exams vary based on the specialty of practice for which you are applying. Each exam provider has its own process.
- Candidates are permitted three attempts to pass the Canadian Nurse Practitioner Exam(CNPE) this includes attempts in other jurisdictions
- If you are not able to attend the examination writing, you must contact us prior to the writing date or the examination will count as a writing attempt and you will lose the entire examination fee.
- Refunds will only be available when notification is provided prior to the examination writing date. The refund amount will be the amount refunded by Assessment Strategies Inc., less an administration fee.
- All examination results are processed and provided to us by Assessment Strategies Incorporated(ASI)
- Results for exams are usually received from ASI within six weeks of the writing date and they are emailed to participants by the SRNA
Candidates who have met all other eligibility requirements and have passed the CNPE will receive information regarding:
- Application for RN(NP) registration and licensure
Candidates who are unsuccessful will receive information regarding:
- Exam scoring
- Application for future exam writings
- Candidates who have failed may appeal their result and request a re-scoring by submitting an application and required fee
If you have a disability which could affect your performance on the CNPE, special accommodation can be requested by contacting the SRNA at 306-359-4200. This request is subject to approval and must be made at least two months prior to the examination.