Applying to be an Initiating Prescriber for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and/or Methadone
If you are an NP in Saskatchewan and are seeking approval to become an initiating prescriber to prescribe medications for OUD and/or methadone for pain management, please review Council Policy 3.17 and Council Policy 3.18
Requirements for Application
To advance from maintenance prescriber to initiating prescriber, the NP must demonstrate the following:
- Competence to evaluate the suitability of therapeutic management
- Practice within a multidisciplinary team
- Regularly assess and treat clients with OUD and/or clients that require methadone for pain
- Mentorship and support from an established initiating prescriber
- Complete the NP Initiating Prescriber Application – Drug Therapeutics for OUD and/or Methadone for Pain Management.
- Complete the NP Practice Assessment - Initiating Prescriber for OUD and/or Methadone for Pain Management.
- Send completed documents to email@example.com
Once your application has been approved, you will receive a written confirmation of approval.
Requirements for application are subject to bylaw and council policy changes.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org