Applying to be a Maintenance Prescriber for Methadone for Pain
If you are an RN(NP) in Saskatchewan and are seeking approval to prescribe medications to patients who are stabilized on drug therapeutics by an initiating provider please review Council Policy 3.20.
Requirements for Application
- Practising RN(NP) licence in good standing
- Complete the Methadone for Pain in Palliative Care course. (online) Canadian Virtual Hospice
- Complete a one-day practicum with another methadone therapeutics initiating provider.
- Complete the RN(NP) Maintenance Prescriber Application – Methadone for Pain Management.
- Complete the RN(NP) Undertaking – Prescribing Methadone for Pain Management.
- Complete the RN(NP) Practice Assessment – Maintenance Prescriber Methadone for Pain Management.
- Send completed documents to email@example.com
Once your application has been approved, you will receive a written confirmation of approval.
Requirements for application are subject to bylaw and council policy changes.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org