Applying to be an Initiating Prescriber for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) and/or Methadone
If you are an NP in Saskatchewan and are seeking approval to become an initiating prescriber to prescribe medications for OUD and/or methadone for pain management, please review the NP Prescribing Drug Therapeutics for Opioid Use Disorder (OUD) Policy and NP Prescribing Methadone for Pain Management Policy
Requirements for Application
To advance from maintenance prescriber to initiating prescriber, the NP must demonstrate the following:
- Competence to evaluate the suitability of therapeutic management
- Practice within a multidisciplinary team
- Regularly assess and treat clients with OUD and/or clients that require methadone for pain
- Mentorship and support from an established initiating prescriber
- Complete the NP Initiating Prescriber Application - Drug Therapeutics for OUD and/or Methadone for Pain Management.
- Complete the NP Practice Assessment - Initiating Prescriber for OUD and/or Methadone for Pain Management.
- Complete the NP Undertaking Prescribing Drug Therapeutics for OUD and/or Methadone for Pain Management.
- Send completed documents to email@example.com
Once your application has been approved, you will receive a written confirmation of approval.
Requirements for application are subject to bylaw and council policy changes.
If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org