Graduate Nurse License Extensions
This allows a recent graduate to practice as a Graduate Nurse while waiting to complete the RN requirements. This license is limited to 4 months and can be renewed to a maximum of 2 times.
Requirements for Graduate Nurse license
- Currently scheduled to write the NCLEX-RN Examination.
- Submit Graduate Nurse application for licensure.
- Submit additional requirements.
- If applicable, register for the NCLEX-RN exam with CRNS and Pearson VUE.
- Complete the Graduate Nurse Renewal form and fee. The link for this form will appear approximately 28 days before your current GN license expires.
- Complete the Consent Form to Obtain Employment Verification Information for GN.
- If you have been unsuccessful with the exam twice, complete a NCLEX-RN Learning Plan.
- For the second and final Graduate Nurse Extension, a letter stating you have participated and compiled with the RN Continuing Competence Program.
- If the Vulnerable Sector Check Report on file expires/expired you will be require to submit a current Vulnerable Sector Check Report.
Use the Nurse License Check to verify your GN license before commencing work.