This section is for you if you don’t meet CRNS’s minimum hourly requirement for licensure of 1125 hours in the previous 5 years.
Requirements for Membership:
Be in good standing with the CRNS.
- Create an Account with the CRNS or Login.
- Follow the prompts to complete your Renewal.
- When declaring hours practiced enter 0 next to the year you are applying.
- When you are prompted to pay a fee select the cheque/ money order option. To pay your Verification Letter Fee contact the CRNS office.
- Send a signed and dated letter to the CRNS with your name, mailing address and RN number, and request the CRNS to refer you to the RN Nursing Re-entry Program at Saskatchewan Polytechnic. In the letter include a brief outline of what nursing professional development you have engaged in since you last practiced. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org. or postal address at: 2066 Retallack Street, Regina, SK S4T 7X5
- Upon receipt of your letter, we will contact you to arrange for a brief interview to discuss your request and plans to complete the re-entry program within three years from the date you are referred to the program. You will also be asked to provide consent for the CRNS to discuss your progress with you and the faculty with the RN Nursing Re-entry Program, Saskatchewan Polytechnic Nursing Program. The consent form will be emailed to you.
- Upon receiving a copy of the referral letter, you can then contact Saskatchewan Polytechnic to register for the program.