Standards & Competencies
These documents contain the over-arching expectations for RN practice.
These documents contain specific direction on RN practice.
- Guideline for RN Involvement in Medical Assistance in Dying, 2016
- Medication Management for RNs: A Patient Centred Decision-making Framework SRNA, 2015
- The Roles and Responsibilities for RNs Working in Long-term Care SRNA, 2015
- The Roles and Responsibilities for RNs Working with Cardiac Monitoring SRNA, 2015
- Triaging in Emergency Departments SRNA and SALPN Joint Statement, 2013
- Documentation Guidelines SRNA, 2011
Scope of Practice
- Collaborative Decision-making Framework: Quality Nursing Practice, 2017
- Guidelines for Physician to RN Delegation SRNA, 2016
- RN Specialty Practices: Employer Guidelines SRNA, 2016
- RN Specialty Practices: RN Guidelines SRNA, 2016
- Interpretation of the RN Scope of Practice SRNA, 2015
- Guidelines for Graduate Nurse Practice SRNA, 2012