RN Practice Resources
The following resources are specifically for Registered Nurses in Saskatchewan.
Standards & Competencies
These documents contain the over-arching expectations for RN practice.
- RN Practice Standards CRNS, 2019
- RN Entry-Level Competencies CRNS, 2019
- Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses CNA, 2017
These documents contain specific direction on RN practice.
- Medication Management Guideline CRNS, 2021
- Documentation Guideline CRNS, 2021
- Guideline for Prescribing Medication CRNS, 2020
- Guideline for RN Involvement in Medical Assistance in Dying, 2016
- Triaging in Emergency Departments
Scope of Practice
- Guideline for RNs Recommending & Administering Nonprescription Drugs CRNS, 2020
- Graduate Nurse Practice Guideline CRNS, 2020
- RN Specialty Practices Guideline CRNS, 2020
- Collaborative Decision-making Framework: Quality Nursing Practice, 2017
- Interpretation of the RN Scope of Practice CRNS, 2015