Standards & Competencies
These documents contain the over-arching expectations for RN(NP) practice.
- Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) Entry-level Competencies (ELC)s SRNA, 2016
- Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) Practice Standards SRNA, 2016
These documents contain specific direction on RN(NP) practice.
- Guideline for RN(NP) Involvement in Medical Assistance in Dying November SRNA, 2016
- Guidelines for RN(NP)s Completing Medical Certificate of Death & Medical Certificate of Stillbirth SRNA, 2016
- Guidelines for Approved RN(NP) Practice SRNA, 2014
Prescription Review Program
The Prescription Review Program is a prescription monitoring program that is educationally based and monitors for apparent inappropriate prescribing and inappropriate use of all PRP medications in the province.
- Harm Reduction Canadian Nurses Association CNA), 2018
- Opioid Evidence Bundle Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health (CADTH), 2018
- Canadian ADHD Practice Guidelines Canadian ADHD Resource Alliance
- Canadian Guidelines Opioids Non-Cancer Pain McMaster University, 2017
- Benzodiazepine Guidelines Institute of Neuroscience, 2013
- National Opioid Use Disorder Guidelines Canadian Research Initiative in Substance Misuse (CRISM) and BC Centre on Substance Use (BCCSU), 2017
- NP eResource Prescribing Controlled Drugs and Substances Canadian Association of Schools of Nursing (CASN), 2016