Standards & Competencies
These documents contain the over-arching expectations for NP practice.
- Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) Entry-level Competencies (ELC)s SRNA, 2017
- Registered Nurse (Nurse Practitioner) Practice Standards SRNA, 2017
These documents contain specific direction on NP practice.
- Opioid Agonist Therapy: A Synthesis of Canadian Guidelines for Treating Opioid Use Disorder, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 2021
- Guideline for NP Prescribing Controlled Drugs and Substances SRNA, 2019
- Guideline for NP Involvement in Medical Assistance in Dying November SRNA, 2016
- Guidelines for Completing the Medical Certificate of Death and the Medical Certificate of Stillbirth Vital Statistics, eHealth Saskatchewan
Prescription Review Program
The Prescription Review Program is a prescription monitoring program that is educationally based and monitors for apparent inappropriate prescribing and inappropriate use of all PRP medications in the province.
We are currently in the process of reviewing the resources provided here to provide the most relevant information.